Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Blog 9 - Advisory Prep 3


[Last time I went to mentorship, I observed the removal of a gall bladder. On the left is the surgeon, and the right my mom, the anesthesiologist.]


1. State whether or not you currently have a mentor, and what the status of your interview is with that person (I have completed the interview, I have scheduled the interview, I have not scheduled the interview, etc).


Yes, I do have a mentor. I have already conducted my interview,  I just need to transcribe.

2. At this point, your research is probably guiding your studies toward more specific areas within your topic.  Name the area or two you find most promising and explain your reasons.   

After these past few months, I've found an interest in the safety of anesthesia and I'm leaning more towards this aspect of anesthesia. What I've observed is that safety is the most important caution that any anesthesiologist considers. It gives me a lot of options to talk about

3. What kinds of sources do you think will help you in the next month to gain more research depth?  Where will you go to get them?


I plan on interviewing more experts in the field to get their insight. There are a lot of doctors at my mentorship, so I plan on asking if I can talk to them. I will also continue with my mentorship and observe more surgeries. It's the best source I have because I get to see the things I read about in action and it's very exciting.

4. Write down a possible EQ.  Please don't worry about wording other than ensuring that it provides the option for multiple correct answers.  At this point, the senior team is most interested in understanding your thought process.

How does an anesthesiologist best ensure a patient's safety and comfort for surgery?



[Prepping the medication for the surgery.]

No comments:

Post a Comment