Thursday, January 7, 2016

Blog 13: 10 Hour Mentorship Check-In



[My mentor and I preparing for a surgery.]
1.   Where are you doing your mentorship?

I'm doing my mentorship at Desert Valley Medical Hospital in Victorville.

2.   Who is your contact?  What makes this person an expert?


My mentor is Dr. Richard Kakes. He has been an anesthesiologist for with over 25 years of experience.

3.   How many  hours have you done during the school year? (Summer Mentorship Hours and Mentorship Hours should be reflected separately in your Senior Project Hours log located on the right hand side of your blog).


25 hours (mentorship hrs.) + 30 hours (IC hrs.) = 55 hours (mentorship hours + independent component hours)

4.   Succinctly summarize what you did, how well you and your mentor worked together, and how you plan to complete the remaining hours.


I have observed several surgeries with different anesthesiologist (mostly with mentor) and with each case being different, I have the opportunity to ask questions and my mentor explains thoroughly what he does and why he chooses to. I'm never afraid to ask questions of any of the anesthesiologists I have sat through surgeries with. To complete the remaining hours, I plan to continue this as I have learned a lot through observing real life situations.

No comments:

Post a Comment