Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Blog 4 - House Advisory Prep 1





[These are some pictures I took at the Chino Valley Medical Center when I went to interview an anesthesiologist.]


Write a short explanation of what you are hoping to accomplish through your senior project topic.  You will be sharing out on what you've written here with your house advisory and classmates on Friday, 9/11.  Don't forget to start off with an interesting visual!


Through my mentorship, I hope to learn about what makes an anesthesiologist. The academics, the study, but also importantly the experiences. Observing surgeries and watching the procedures closely are things I find to be the most important aspect of my senior topic. Standing right next to the anesthesiologist is the most fascinating part of this project so far and I hope to have many more opportunities in the future. I want to be able to shadow my mentor throughout the year and be able to understand what it's like to be in the field working with patients and helping them get through surgery safely.

Also I hope that my experiences this year will help me figure out what I want to do as my career in life and what I should be aiming for. Currently, I'm not completely sure I want to be an anesthesiologist, but I do know that I want to end up somewhere in the scientific field. Hopefully by the end of this year I'll have a better idea of what I want to major in when I get to college.

No comments:

Post a Comment