Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Blog 7 - Second Interview Preparation






[Top: Me and my mentor in the Operating Room at Desert Valley Medical Hospital. Middle: My mentor showing me around the operating room on the first day of my mentorship over the summer. Bottom: Most recently, when I went to the hospital, I followed my mentor around while he was on call throughout the weekend.]


1.  Who is your mentor and where do they work?  If their workplace does not reflect their expertise, what makes them an expert?

My mentor is Dr. Richard Kakes who has been an anesthesiologist for over 20 years. He is Board Certified and is very experienced after several years in the field. He did his anesthesiology residency at UCLA. Additionally, he works at the Desert Valley Medical Hospital in Victorville, CA. 

2.  What five questions will you ask them about their background?

1) Why did you ultimately choose to go to UCLA for your residency?
2) What keeps you going in the field of anesthesia?
3) Why did you want to be an anesthesiologist? What influenced you?
4) Have you always wanted to be an anesthesiologist? If not, what did you want to be before?
5) Do you have any routines before and after a surgery? What are they?
6) What do you love most about being an anesthesiologist?
7) What other places have you worked at before Desert Valley?
8) Have you ever had any other jobs?
9) How did you start working at Desert Valley?

No comments:

Post a Comment