Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Lesson 2 Reflection


1.What are you most proud of in your Lesson 2 Presentation and why?


I am proud of the fact that the activity went by much better than I thought it would. From what I saw, people seem engaged and wanted to participate in the activity. The fact that it was a game brought out a competitive aspect in the audience that made it fun and enjoyable to watch. Also regarding the activity, I am proud that the idea for it was inspired by a real event that I witnessed at mentorship, because it brought about a realness aspect to my debrief afterwards that put what I had been talking about in my lesson into perspective.

2. a.     What assessment would you give yourself on your Lesson 2 Presentation (self-assessment)?


I think I deserve an AE for this presentation.

     b.     Explain why you deserve that grade using evidence from the Lesson 2 component contract.

Throughout my presentation, I referenced my mentorship many times as well as resources for the information that I presented. I knew my EQ by heart, made time by talking for more than 10 minutes while allowing ample time for the activity afterward. I also brought props with me that I pointed out during my presentation and I used several props (syringes) for my activity. I made sure to reference my answer more than once so that I don't just glance over it.

3. What worked for you in your Lesson 2?

Over these past few months I have learned a lot about anesthesiology and when I had the chance to present what I have learned, I found it very exciting. I especially love to tell stories of things that I have observed while at mentorship and one of my favorite aspects is seeing people's reaction to the tools I would bring and explain during my presentation. I also really enjoyed the response I got from doing my activity. People seemed engaged and seemed to understand the connection between the activity and the answer to my EQ that I talked about.

4. What didn't work? If you had a time machine, what would you have done differently to improve your Lesson 2?

I would have added another rule to my activity that would have people wait for me to finish my statement in the simulation before allowing them to guess. It would be a slight improvement that I think could make a good change to make it more cohesive and organized.

5. What do you think your answer #2 is going to be?


My answer #2 would be closely monitoring the patient during surgery. (In other words, hooking up the patient to the several kinds of anesthesia monitors to check heart rate, blood pressure, consciousness, etc.)

No comments:

Post a Comment